Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Angel Gabriel "man of God"





1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 1:1-2

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that!
I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!” Rev 22:6-9

20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the Lord my God for his holy hill— 21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. 23 As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the word and understand the vision: Dan 9:20-23

5 I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6 His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude. Dan 10:5-6

No strength was left in me; my face grew deathly pale, and I was powerless. 9 I heard the words he said, and when I heard them I fell into a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. 10 Suddenly, a hand touched me and raised me to my hands and knees. 11 He said to me, “Daniel, you are a man treasured by God. Understand the words that I’m saying to you. Stand on your feet, for I have now been sent to you.” After he said this to me, I stood trembling.  12 “Don’t be afraid, Daniel,” he said to me, “for from the first day that you purposed to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your prayers were heard. I have come because of your prayers....

 15 While he was saying these words to me, I turned my face toward the ground and was speechless. 16 Suddenly one with human likeness touched my lips. I opened my mouth and said to the one standing in front of me, “My lord, because of the vision, anguish overwhelms me and I am powerless. 17 How can someone like me, your servant, speak with someone like you, my lord? Now I have no strength, and there is no breath in me.”18 Then the one with human likeness touched me again and strengthened me. 19 He said, “Don’t be afraid, you who are treasured by God. Peace to you; be very strong!”As he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”  Dan 8: 8-19

13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard...  Luke 1:13

19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20 And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”  Luke 1:19-20

28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Luke 1:28

30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. Luke 1:30

18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”  34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”  Luke 1:18,34



Belief is birthed from miracles 
and miracles are birthed from technical barriers 



37 For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

Daniel 9-10, Luke 1:11-38


No comments:

Post a Comment