Saturday, January 14, 2017

Reflection: COTH Financial Freedom Conference

Kayla and I have been members of Church of the Highlands for over 7 years now and surprisingly this was my first time going to our financial conference since the third quarter of 2009.  I was very surprised to see how I left with so much inspiration and spiritual equipping.  The speaker Mr. Chuck Bently, CEO of Crown Financial was a dynamic speaker that I thoroughly enjoyed.    

Although much information was given the following are a list of tips or statements that I surely want to make sure are an active aspect of my being:

Steward from the Inside Out January 14, 2017 
- choose to identify with your eternal ID as a child of God not the world view 
- money flows to trustworthiness  
- coveting means you want what someone else has 
- our purpose is to work and manage God's property.  This has always been our responsibility even before the fall of Adam and Eve 
-  a steward is: 
  meek witch is power under control and constraint.  A meek person has more in storage than what is on display.  
  humble 
  self sacrificing  
  generous 
  motivated to place owner God 
  not ordering life to spend money for selfish means rather for God to spin us for his need 
  building the kingdom not a 'thingdom' 
  makes giving the #1 priority 

Many other great points were made but these are the ones that I want to retain in my Spirit from here going forward!  

Amen
Martin A. Briggs
KM Briggs 

No comments:

Post a Comment