Saturday, January 14, 2017

Reflection: Dale Carnegie Precision Cold Calling

A a couple months ago I had the privilege of attending the Birmingham Business Journals Precision Cold Calling half day conference presented by Ms. Nancy Covert.  I found the class very helpful as it sure has helped me to be a better connector of people and sales person.



The following tips were very helpful and are now bedrock to who I am:
- phone presence is 75% voice intonation/dynamics (how you make them feel)
- and only 25% words we use
- people evaluate us on how we look, what we say, how we say it, and what we do (the last three are all they have to go by)
- the street definition of business reality is "get more done, better, faster, and with less"
- buyers are generally interested in time, cost, and quality, these factors are in constant tension
- people love to by but they hope to be sold


Other topics were discussed but these are the keys I am choosing to retain as pillars to my business toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment