Thursday, February 9, 2017

Interpretation of Revelation 19:10

At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.” - Revelation 19:10 NIV

Facts:
#1) a testimony is something that is held
#1) a Spirit of prophecy exist
#2) the Spirit of prophecy bears testimony to Jesus

Testimony:
- the office committed to the prophets of testifying concerning future events
- give evidence as a witness in a law court
- a testimony is the craftsmanship and skill of a prophet.  Therefore the work of a prophet is to learn, observe, commune with the Holy Spirit, and then speak the truth of God's word to others in the time God calls it forth
- therefore 'prophet' by definition is an identify    




Therefore my interpretation of the angels word spoken in Revelation 19:10 translates as the following:

"The active learning, observing, and communion with the Holy Spirit regarding Jesus is what makes a prophet great it is what made me great.  Don't marvel at my greatness, because I have become what I am because of Jesus and my pursuit of him.  Point your worship to Jesus not me."

It appears that the great prophet John had a momentary lapse into the sin of idolatry and pointed his praise toward an angel of God. The angel quickly helped John redirect his worship away from himself and back to Jesus the source of how the angel came to be in the first place.    


Scripture inspirations 
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing - John 15:5

Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him! - Mark 9:7

...Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  - Matthew 22:40

Then a voice came from the throne, saying:

“Praise our God,
    all you his servants,
you who fear him,
    both great and small!”

- Revelation 19:5


Amen praise God thank you Jesus for helping me to better understand the Spirit of prophecy.


Sincerely,

Martin A. Briggs
KM Briggs

1 comment:

  1. Seems to me, it is saying... that all prophets and holy messengers are the spirit of Jesus, and Jesus is not God. His mother is...

    ReplyDelete